Friday 17 April 2009

My writing Process

My Writing Process

I don't have a set time when I write because I usually write when there is something I want to get out of my system and that can be at any time of day. If there is something on my mind that I can't stop thinking about then I find a way to relate those same emotions to my novel and go! This is a good way to both make me feel better and to hopefully give my writing some kind of added emotion to a scene.

If there is nothing on my mind that I need to get out then I usually think of something that has happened in the past and think about how I felt at the time. This will usually help me as well.
It all depends on how I'm feeling at the time.

I always know what I'm going to write before I write it, but leave myself open to change because if something just doesn't feel right then I need to leave it until I figure out what does. If I force something then I just won't work.

And when I'm finished I reward myself with a bit of chocolate.

This is my writing process

Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.