Wednesday 6 May 2009

Annie on Fiction Elements

Hi. Annie Taylor speaking. 

I started off this year doing Fiction Elements online thinking I was taking the easy option by being able to do it from home. I was enjoying the work but I found I was just managing to keep up with it all as I am doing two other subjects in the classroom. I also have two primary school aged children and a partner with his own business that I do the books for. I haven't studied for almost twenty years and when assignments were due as well my head started to spin badly. We were all feeling the squeeze. 

Maybe I'm too conscientious or my typing is too slow or I'm just too new to all this but I found having to read everyone's writing, on top of all the course work, incredibly time consuming and frustrating. I was determined not to drop out but there were no places left in Robert's Fiction Elements in the classroom in first term. Then, at the start of second term, my new friends at school told me students had dropped out of the class and (hallelujah) Susanna, Tracey and Robert let me transfer. Fortunately for me the two classes were almost perfectly synchronised and I am now taking great delight in participating directly with the class in real-time. 

Sorry for dipping out, gang, but I am so relieved. I know I'm lucky to be in a position to be able to attend classes on campus so I will take full advantage of that from now on. Farewell and good luck to my fellow onliners. 

Annie

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad. I am doing Comedy on site, and did ONE WEEK of Picture Books online before I realised I was NEVER going to get Picture Books going. I jumped ship after one week, and will get back to it....one subject at a time (I also have little kids).

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.